SCTE Buckeye State Chapter Scholarship
SCTE Buckeye State Chapter Scholarship is awarded annually each year to a son/ daughter or grandchild of an active Buckeye State Chapter member in good standings. It awards $2,500 per to the person selected by the SCTE Scholarship Subcommittee; there are myriad criteria that must be met prior to and after selection.
Some of the requirements are:
- Recipient must be a graduating (H.S.) Senior or have previously graduated at the time of application.
- At least one parent or grandparent must be an active member of the SCTE Buckeye State Chapter and must have been so for at least two years.
- Recipient must maintain a “B” or 3.0 academic average (GPA) each collegiate year for the scholarship to be considered valid.
- Recipient must be maintaining a full time college schedule (minimum 12 credits or equivalent) and be a student in good standing.
- Recipient must be entering a STEM related field or degree program.
- Registration must be submitted prior to the start of the semester for scholarships awarded for the following school semester or term.
These are just a few of the requirements, a complete rundown and the specific application information can be found at:
The Buckeye State Chapter board reserves the right to change or modify the scholarship rules at any time.
Submittal Deadlines: Completed Scholarship applications with all required documentation must be received by July 1st of each year. Once applications are received, they will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and a decision will be made within 30 days, or by August 1st, naming the successful candidate(s) that will be awarded a scholarship. Scholarship will be paid directly to the educational institution on behalf of the awarded candidates within 30 days of the award date. Scholarship funds can be used for tuition and or books.
Only completed applications will be considered. All application materials, including at least two references, school transcripts, and one written essay must be received along with the application.
Applicants are judged impartially on a point system involving several factors:
- GPA (grade point average);
- SAT/ACT scores; participation in extracurricular activities; references; and responses to the essay questions.
- Weighting may be given to 1st time applicants meeting required criteria.
*Please note that meeting all the qualifications of the scholarship, and submitting the application does not guarantee approval of a scholarship. There are other factors that may impact the award of scholarships, such as the funding availability or budget limit approved by the SCTE Buckeye State Chapters Board of Directors. Scholarship funds are typically limited to one scholarship per student per year with a maximum of two scholarships per lifetime. Applicants will be informed of the approval status after applications have been submitted.
For questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application consist of:
- 4-page application form
- 2 References
- 1 written essay
- Copy of high school transcripts or GED
Copy of SAT or ACT scores
Please have your Personal Reference complete the form below